COLLEGE COUNCIL COMMITTEE
As per the established procedures and guidelines given by the Medical Council of India, New Delhi the College Committee has been formed to frame the Rules & Regulations to govern the Medical College & the Tertiary Teaching Hospital. It has been duly empowered by the competent Authority of the Management to frame / modify the Rules & Regulations on various aspects. The details of the Committee’s Head and Members Name List are given below:
The Committee consists of members of the faculty, administration, service staff and students’ representatives. The members of the committee for the current academic year are:
|1||Dr. L.C. OBULESU M.D.,||Dean- Medical College||President|
|2||Dr. A.KISHORE, M.D.,||Vice-Principal, Prof & HOD, Microbiology||Secretary|
|3||Dr. V.MOHAN RAO, M.S.,||Medical Superintendent||Member|
|4||Dr. R.SELVARAJ, M.D.,||Prof & HOD, Pharmacology||Member|
|5||Dr. SANKARAIAH, M.D.,||Prof & HOD, Pathology||Member|
|6||Dr. P.MADHAV, M.D.,||Asst. Prof., Pharamacology||Member|
|7||Mr.V.PRAVEEN KUMAR, M.Sc.,(Ph.D)||Asst. Prof., Microbiology||Member|
RULES RELATED TO HOSTEL
- Hostel accommodation is provided in separate buildings for men and women.
- The hostels shall be under the control of the Principal.
- The Principal shall be the Honorary Warden for the hostels. There shall be Assistant Warden for each hostel and an officer-in-charge of house surgeons quarters, appointed from among the members of the teaching staff. The privileges and obligations of students as hostel members will be applicable to house surgeons also.
- The warden’s decision shall be final in the interpretation of rules and in all matters connected with the hostel.
- Admission is restricted to the students of Medical College, Chittoor.
- Students requiring accommodation should apply in the prescribed form with a registration fee of Rs.500/- which will not be returned if the applicant is not admitted into the hostel, and credited to mess fund for crockery etc. If admitted, admission to the hostel is subject to renewal every academic year with registration fee of Rs.500/-
- Application will be registered in the order in which they are received and the rooms allotted in that order. Application not in proper form and unaccompanied by registration fee will be rejected.
- The registration fee will be forfeited if the student does not occupy the room within a week of its allotment.
- Students of the college may be taken as day boarders provided they deposit the requisite caution money and meet the charges fixed.
- A limited number of staff members of Medical College may be accommodated in the hostels at the discretion of the warden.
- Members of the staff of the college and hospital will be taken as members of the hostel mess under the special rules approved by the warden. This can be obtained on application from the head office.
- Caution Deposit
- Each student on admission should pay Rs.50000/- as mess advance and Rs.5000/- as caution deposit, which will be refunded only at the time of his/her leaving the hostel, finally, after adjusting any liabilities to the hostel.
- Discipline Declaration
- Each student on admission, should if he/she is a major, sign a discipline declaration in approved form, if he/she is a minor, the under- taking should be given by the parent or guardian.
- Allotment of Rooms
- Rooms will be allotted at the discretion of the Warden / Asst. Warden. No request for change of rooms in the middle of the year will be entertained.
- No resident is allowed to have additional electrical fittings without the written permission of the Warden / Asst. Warden.
- Room Rent – The rent for each rooms will be fixed for each hostel from time to time. These rates will be applied in the case of the members of teaching staff also.
- Electricity and Water charges – Each resident should pay Rs.10/- per month as electricity and water charges. Those who use radio, fan, heater etc. (with permission from warden) should pay an additional amount as fixed from time to time. Any excess charges will be equally divided among the residents during the period.
- Students passing out of the college or discontinuing their studies or those desirous of residing with their parents or guardian will be permitted to leave the hostel on application to the Warden/Asst. Warden, only at the end of the term, except on medical grounds approved by the Warden / Asst. Warden. Students who are living in the hostel and who wish to reside with their relatives must produce a letter from their parents or guardians authorizing them to do so before leaving the hostel. On no account should they leave the hostel before they are permitted to do so by the Warden / Asst. Warden.
- Food will be supplied in the hostels by students Mess committee. The committee may take suitable measures to appoint mess contractors for smooth conduct of the mess on proper agreement under intimation to the principal.
- The committee shall be responsible for supply of good food and also to see that the contractors do not damage or misuse any properties.
- They will not be allowed to supply food in other hostels or to any persons other than hostel inmates.
- No resident is allowed to bring a guest into the hostel to stay with him/her without the permission of the Warden / Asst. Warden. The member introducing the guest is responsible for all the charges incurred by the guest. Guests will be charged at rates fixed from time to time per day exclusive of mess charges and no guest shall remain in the hostel for more than 3 days except under special circumstances.
- No member may introduce more than one guest at a time without the previous sanction of the Warden/Asst. Warden. The guest shall not be transferred from one member to another. The guests are subject to the rules and regulations of the hostel.
- The Warden / Asst. Warden shall have power to refuse permission to introduce into the hostel any person as a guest without assigning any reason.
- The Warden / Asst. Warden will maintain a register of guests in the following form and see that no guest is admitted unless his/her name is entered in the above register. The student who brings the guest will be held responsible for the proper filling of the particulars requested therein. i) Name of the member who is the host; ii) Name of the guest with home address; iii) Date of arrival; iv) Date of departure
- Hostel vigilance committee / Asst. Warden will carry out surprise checks in the hostels and if any unauthorized occupation of the room is noticed, the allotment will be cancelled without further notice.
- Payment of Dues
- All charges must be paid at the office (hostel section) between 11am and 4.30pm and receipt obtained. Mess charges for the month should be paid on or before 15th of succeeding month. Thereafter a fine of Re.100/per day will be collected till dues are paid. The fine so collected will be credited to Hostel funds. On failure to pay hostel dues the inmate will be allowed to continue in the hostel only till such time as his/her caution money covers the amount of hostel dues together with fine thereon.
- Students leaving the hostel for vacation should pay up all their dues before they leave.
- Room rent for the month will have to be paid in advance on the 7th of every month and in the case of an inmate joining the hostel in the course of a month, on the date of admission.
- Medical Aid
- Warden should be informed of all illness promptly. All ordinary and minor ailments will be attended by the Warden / Asst. Warden between 7 and 8 pm and no sick member shall remain in the hostel for more than 48 hours and he/she will be sent to the collegiate hospital for further treatment.
- General Discipline
- Members should keep their rooms scrupulously clean, soiled things and clothes should be stored out of sight. Discarded rags and papers should not be thrown about in the rooms, terrace and premises. The rooms, doors etc should not be disfigured by writing, sticking handbills, posters etc.
- They should behave with restraint and decorum. Shouting, reading aloud and other acts likely to disturb other inmates during hours of study should be avoided at all times.
- All members are expected to be in the hostel by 10pm. Lady Students should be back in the hostel by 8pm, unless permission to stay out beyond 8pm is obtained from the Warden / Asst. Warden. They should sleep and study in their own rooms.
- Members are not allowed to remove any articles of furniture, fittings, light etc. belonging to the hostel. Any damage to the hostel property shall be immediately reported to the Warden / Asst. Warden. The cost of damage will be recovered from the individual concerned. If the person is not, traced, the members of the wing or flat concerned will be held responsible. In case of wanton damage, in addition to recovery of cost of repair, the Warden/Asst. warden might impose a suitable fine. Members are not permitted to convene meetings of any sort anywhere in the hostel or its premises without the Warden/Asst. Warden’s written sanction obtained on written request. No circular or subscription test shall be taken round except with the permission of the Warden/Asst. Warden. There shall be an executive committee of inmates in each hostel consisting of Asst. Warden, Hostel Secretary, Reading Room Secretary, Garden / Phone Secretary and representative of the in- mates. The executive committee shall meet once every month. The general body meeting will be conducted as and when necessary and should be attended by all inmates.
- No members shall take active part in political meetings, processions or propaganda. Disregard of this rule will lead to immediate expulsion from the hostel.
- Members are forbidden from ill-treating any of the hostel servants and should not have any dealing with the servants.
- Every member will report to the Warden/Asst. Warden in writing at the beginning and end of each term after his/her arrival and before his/her departure respectively. The dates of arrival and departure are to be entered by him/her in the books kept for the purpose in the hostel office. If a student is found in the hostel without reporting his arrival after reporting his departure, he/she will in addition to the usual electricity charges must pay a penalty of Re.100/- per day which will be credited to the hostel funds.
- No student shall absent himself/herself from the hostel for any night without having previously obtained the permission of the Warden/ Asst. Warden. The main gates of the hostel will be closed every night at 10.15pm. Visitors who come to the hostel must leave before 9.00pm.
- All correspondence regarding the hostel should be made through the respective Warden/ Asst. Warden.
- Misconduct or breach of any of these rules of the hostel will render the offender liable to fine, suspension or dismissal.
- All students before going away for the vacation or otherwise must see that all their dues are paid completely before leaving the station. Members are strictly advised not to leave any money or valuables in their rooms. The hostel authorities do not hold themselves responsible for money or goods lost by students or guests.
- For convenience of members who go home during the holidays, the Warden/ Asst. Warden may arrange for their safe custody of their belongings during their absence at their own risk and the Warden / Asst. Warden will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to any such property.
- No authorized person will be allowed within the hostel premises. Members are strictly prohibited from having any dealings inside the hostel with any business person except with licensed tradesmen. Licenses will be issued to responsible tradesmen, dhobis, barbers, tailors, cloth vendors etc. on payment of a fixed deposit of Rs.5000/- as caution money, which will be returned to the concerned person on their discontinuing the business in the hostel. Besides the above caution money, they will pay the following license fees in advance half yearly in October and April each year.
- Tailor: Rs.2000/- per mensum; Barber: Rs.2000/- per mensum; Dhobi: Rs.2000/- per mensum.
- Special Rules for Women Students
- All residents must return to the hostel before 8pm unless they have obtained a late pass from the Warden / Asst. Warden.
- Late passes to return before 10pm can be obtained from the Warden /Asst. Warden – 4 times a month at the rate of one pass per week. Application for late pass in writing should reach the Warden /Asst. Warden by 1pm from Monday to Saturday. No application will be received on Sundays.
- Visitors: Visitors may be seen between 4 and 6pm on all days of the week in the visitor’s room only. Every member shall before seeing the visitor make the following entries in a book provided for that purpose. i) Name of the visitor, designation or address, contact mobile number; ii) His or her relationship with the member; iii) Member visited shall sign his/her name below the entries recorded above.
- Each such recorded entry shall be looked into and initiates put before the end of the day by the Warden /Asst. Warden
- Any member wishing to see a visitor at any other time shall first obtain the permission of the Warden /Asst. Warden. Men visitors may be seen only in the Visitor’s hall.
COLLEGE COUNCIL COMMITTEE TOPIC HELD ON Meeting -1 DISCUSSION FOR 1ST INTERNAL EXAMINATION 19-03-2018 Meeting -2 DISCUSSION FOR SUMMER HOLIDAYS 28-05-2018 Meeting -3 DISCUSSION FOR PROVISION OF CANTEEN FACILITIES 20-06-2018 Meeting-4 DISCUSSION FOR SPORTS ON INDEPENDENCE DAY 19-07-2018 Meeting-5 DISCUSSION FOR 2ND INTERNAL EXAMINATION 15-09-2018 Meeting-6 DISCUSSION FOR CHANGES OF COMMITTEE MEMBERS 11-10-2018 Meeting-7 DISCUSSION FOR WORLD HEALTH DAY AND CONDUCTION RALLY 29,30-10-2018 Meeting-8 DISCUSSION FOR PRE FINAL INTERNAL EXAMINATION 12-11-2018