Anatomy Department is dedicated to the teaching and learning of Macro and Microscopic Human Anatomy. The Department boasts of spacious and well equipped dissection hall, demonstration rooms and practical laboratories. Students have access to hands on Anatomy learning through faculty guided dissection sessions, live video demonstrations, wide collection of specimens, models, charts and radiographs to aid in visual memory and understanding. The Anatomy museum is a feast to learners and laymen alike with an exhaustive collection of dry & wet specimens, fetal bones and cross sections.
- Dissection Hall
- To prepare a common module for lectures in this academic year
- To prepare the students to secure university rank in this academic year
- To motivate the students to attend the practical and lectures
- To guide all the students to secure pass in the university exams.
- To improve their Knowledge, Skills&Integration:
The department of Biochemistry has been imparting quality education of 150 first year M.B.B.S students. The department offers a 24 hrs. Quality clinical Biochemistry laboratory services catering the needs of patients admitted in the hospital.
- Emergency investigations are performed round the clock and results are reported immediately.
- The laboratory tests are carried out by dedicated qualified technical staff and duly monitored by faculty member.
Objectives of the Department
- Innovative teaching and learning programmes initiated and implemented by the department.
This department has full-fledged facilities including a separate wing to support diagnostic services. It caters to the needs of students, patients and research scholars. The thrust area of research of this department is “Assessment and diagnostic studies on autonomic nervous system. This department teaches and trains students on applied physiology, and organizes vertical teaching program on applied physiology
- Hematology lab
- Clinical lab
- Mammalian labs
The Department of Pathology takes utmost care to provide diagnostic services to patients and conduct educational activities for professional in order to update their knowledge and skills. The Department has different sections viz., Hematology, Clinical Pathology, Histopathology and cytology Transfusion Medicine. Pathology services lie at the heart of health care services provided to patients and the community.
To provide excellent diagnostic services contributing to patient care that is compassionate timely and effective for the treatment of health problems and promotion of public health. Ours is a high tech lab working round the clock with two automatic cell counters, All Routine hematology tests, Coagulation studies like a PTT, PT, Mixing studies, Urea solubility and Clot retraction test are a routine
- Bone Marrow studies
- Coagulation studies
- Complete Hematology work up
- Diagnostic Histopathology
- Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology
- Fluid cytology
- Gynecologic cytology
- Infertility Workup
- Transfusion Medicine including components
- Urine analysis
Our main sections are:
- Clinical Pathology
- Immune Pathology
- Transfusion Medicine
Department of Microbiology forms an integral part of the high standard of patient care; Microbiology offers diagnostic services to both out patients and in patients. A sound knowledge of microbiology gives students a foundation in the diagnosis and management of diseases. Microbiology is an ever-expanding science and includes various branches.
To provide excellent diagnostic services contributing to patient care and Microbiology lab working round the clock laboratory services with rapid diagnostic techniques is undertaken making reports available to clinicians at the shortest time possible. The following are done by our lab.
- Direct Microscope
- Gram stain
- AFB Stain
- KOH Mount
- Motion Ova Cyst
- Modified Acid Stain
- Culture & Sensitivity
- Serological tests
- Water analysis
Our main sections are:
A good physician has to be a good pharmacologist. Students gain a thorough knowledge of medications & all the aspects of pharmacology like pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, clinical pharmacology, therapeutics, adverse drug reactions etc. The aim is to develop an understanding of fundamental mechanisms in chemical physiology and pathology, in the action of drugs, and in toxicology.
- Administer the drug through the appropriate route.
- Calculate the dosage depending upon the age, sex.
- Classify environmental and occupational pollutants.
- Describe the pharmacokinetic basis, clinical presentations, diagnosis.
- Describe the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of essential and commonly used drugs
- Evaluate the ethics and modalities in the development drugs.
- Identify adverse drug reactions and drug interactions.
- List of indications, contraindications, interactions, and adverse reactions of commonly used drugs:
- Prescribe drugs for common diseases.
- Prevailing health status of the individual.
- State the principles underlying the concept of “Essential Drugs”.
Forensic medicine brings the investigative capabilities of modern medicine to the aid of law and justice. The forensic department trains medical students in all aspects of forensic medicine including toxicology and proper medico legal documentation. The department imparts enough knowledge to our medical students that they are confident to tackle all kinds of medico legal problems as well as medico legal autopsies.usually this Departments includes didactic lectures, demonstrations of post-mortem examinations and clinical cases, practical laboratory training.
- Forensic medicine, Forensic pathology, Medical &Health Ethics, Introduction to legal aspects of medical care, toxicology are major areas of teaching
- The department performs so many autopsies.
- The Department provides facilities for Embalming of dead bodies.
- The department has unique cold storage facilities to preserve the dead bodies
- To teach and supervision by the Students to identify Medico-legal problems, prepare medicolegal reports, conduct meticulous post-mortem examinations, diagnose and treat common poison conditions.
The goal of Community Medicine is directed towards achievement of “Better Health for All”. To trainto prepare the students to become Primary Care Physicians competent to handle commonly occurring health problems in the community. This Department is committed to educating medical students to be community responsive primary care physicians who meet the health care needs of the community and the country, including rural and medically underserved communities, it give more opportunity to students to be with the people and the community during their learning process.
- Community Health Research Activities
- Continuing Medical Education (CME)
- Implementation of all Health Programmes
- Medical Camps
- National & International Health Days Celebrations/Awareness creation Campaigns.
- Outreach Health Programmes
- Population Studies
- Rural Health Services & Training Programmes
- Specialty Camps
- Students Field visits
- Students to know the morbidity, mortality Statistics and health administration.
- Teaching, Training, & evaluation
- Urban Health Services & Training Programmes.