The RVS Institute of Medical Sciences General Medicine department is managed by qualified and experienced physicians with the help of resident doctors, both the inpatient and outpatient department and also emergency and critical cases on call as and when required round the clock.
Regular medical OPD and follow up clinics are conducted daily.
Common clinical disorder like infectious diseases, nutritional disorders, tropical diseases and systemic diseases like cardiovascular, respiratory, neurological, gastro intestinal, muscular skeletal disorders, genito urinary disorders and endocrinal disorder are attended and treated. Where it is necessary they are admitted as inpatients for investigations and management. Inpatient medical department has got 80 beds with all necessary equipment.
Follow up clinics in the afternoon are conducted regularly for chronic cases like diabetes, hyper tension, cardiac cases, neurological cases like epilepsy, CVA and also discharged cases from the medical wards.
Dermatology clinic is conducted twice a week by the visiting dermatologist.
Acute Medical Care Ward
There is a ten bedded acute medical care ward well equipped, air conditioned with multi parameters, ventilators, defibrillators and central online gas supply of oxygen vacuum and air for each bed. All acute medical cases like cases of poisoning, seizures, status asthmaticus, cardiac cases like CAV, Cases of renal failure, diabetic keto acidosis etc., are admitted and the ward is managed by Physicians with the help of anesthetist. Consultant specialist doctors like cardiologist, neuro physician, Pulmonologist, nephrologists attend the cases as and when required on call.
The RVS Institute of Medical Sciences General Surgery Unit is well equipped with requisite number of wards and a special emergency ward. Each ward is linked to the various specialties with specialist nurses attached to each of them and who maintain close links with the ward staff providing a high standard of clinical expertise.
An excellent team of General Surgery Consultants are available at selected timings to attend to our patients problems such as thyroid surgery, breast surgery; colon-rectal surgery, etc are demarcated. The thrust of the consultants is on the complex abdominal surgery, thyroid and breast surgery. Oncology surgery is a part of department of surgery and takes up a considerable part of the repertoire.
General Surgery department is involved in innovation and rapid progress to better performance in the near future.
- Manned by qualified and experienced surgeons round the clock.
- Surgical OPD and follow up surgical clinics are conducted daily.
- “Day care surgery “ facility is available where minor surgical procedures such as excision of the lumps, hydrocele, hernia and fissure in ano etc., are done in the morning and discharged on the same day in the evening after surgery.
Elective And Emergency Surgical Procedures:
- Elective surgeries like interval appendisectomy, hernioplasty, repair of incisional hernias, major wound debridements, hemorrhoidectomy, thyroid, breast, Gastro -Intestinal surgery, Cancer Surgery, Urological procedures are routinely done.
- Emergency surgeries in case of traumatic wounds, blunt injuries with complications like ruptured viscus, intestinal obstruction, perforated appendix, perforated peptic ulcer etc., are commonly done.
- Specialty surgeries like neuro surgery, urology and plastic surgery are also undertaken with the help of visiting consultant specialists.
RVS Institute of Medical Sciences assures both preventive and curative aspects of children’s health, round- the- clock services with in-house pediatricians, a team of highly qualified consultants.
The Department is managed by qualified and experienced pediatricians.
Regular daily outpatient services are conducted. The following special clinics are also conducted
- Child Welfare including immunization clinic once a week.
- Child guidance clinic once a week.
- Child Rehabilitation clinic once a week , also attended by speech therapist and physiotherapist
There is a 34 bedded pediatric ward where cases like gastro enteritis, acute respiratory cases like Bronco pneumonia, Bronchial Asthma, Hyper Pyrexia with febrile conversion, viral meningitis, poisoning cases and chronic cases like congenital heart disease, neurological disorders etc., are admitted for investigations and management
Quality care & special attention to treatment and needs of infants and children, is assured in a congenial environment by our child-friendly methods and caring staff.
- Well-maintained Adolescent clinics & out- patient clinics for Immunization & other medical problems
- Paediatric medical and surgical intensive care units.
Neonatal and paediatric ventilation.
1. Gynaecology (General, Adolescence, Menopause, STD, menstrual disorders, pid& infertility etc)
2. Family welfare clinic
- Contraception counseling (IUCD, OCP, Barrier methods)
- Preconception counseling(genetic disorders, screening of medical disorders, rubella and hepatitis B immunization)
- MTP counseling, medical abortion
- Emergency contraception
- Post abortion counseling
3. Cancer Screening clinic
- Cervical cancer screening (pap smear)
- Menopausal clinic with facilities for tumour marker and ultrasound facility.
4. Sterility clinic
- ligation and vasectomy counseling
- Screening of patients
- Post op follow up
5. Antenatal clinic
- Screening of high risk pregnancy
- Nutrition and dietetics education
- Clinical laboratory for required blood and urine tests
- Imaging facility ( ultrasound scan, fetal Doppler) to conduct obstetric scan, Non stress test, fetal biophysical profile)
- Diagnosis, counseling and PMTCT(prevention of mother to child transmission) care for HIV patients
Inpatient Ward admission
Gynaecology: – Acute PID, dysfunctional uterine bleeding, puberty menorrhagia, etc
Antenatal (high risk pregnancy)
- PIH(pregnancy induced hypertension)
- GDM(gestational diabetes mellitus)
- Rheumatic heart disease
- IUGR with oligohydramnios
- Twin pregnancy
- Pregnancy with medical disorder ( CRF, connective tissue disease, jaundice)
- Hyperemesis gravidarum
- Threatened abortion
Pre Labour Room:
- Preterm labour
- False labour
- Antepartum hemorrhage
- PPROM (preterm premature rupture of membranes)
- 1st stage labour
- Severe PIH patients
- Eclampsia patients
Post partum Room:
- Post natal cases
- Post partum hemorrhage
Septic Labour Room
- Infective patients with labour (hepatitis B,HIV etc)
- Post natal infections (puerperal sepsis)
- Normal vaginal delivery with or without episiotomy
- Operative vaginal delivery
- D & C
- Cervical polypectomy
- Endometrial aspiration
- Cervix biopsy
- Bartholin cyst marsupilisation
- Imperforate hymen excision
Major OT Procedures (maternity)
- Cesarean section
- Cervical cerclage
- Lapratomy for ectopic pregnancy
- Total abdominal hysterectomy
- Vaginal hysterectomy with pelvic floor repair
- Fothergill operation
- Salpingo oophorectomy (ovarian cysts, hydrosalpinx, pidetc)
- Complete perineal tear repair
- Vesico vaginal fistula, recto vaginal fistula repair
- Abdominal myomectomy
- Laparotomy and proceed for ovarian tumour, endometrial carcinoma
Whatever is the nature of problem: degenerative arthritis, a sports injury or a fracture, RVS Institute of Medical Sciences offers leading-edge evaluation and treatment for many musculoskeletal problems.
- Manned by qualified and experienced orthopedic surgeons attending both outpatient and emergency cases round the clock.
- Most of the emergencies are road traffic accidents with multiple fractures, amputations and poly trauma etc.,
- Closed reduction of fractures and dislocations and application of POP is done as OP Procedure.
- Complicated fractures and poly trauma cases are admitted and open reduction with nail and plating done.
- Elective surgeries like correction of deformities both congenital and acquired and also major procedures like laminectomy, joint replacement and surgeries for bone tumours are also undertaken.
- State of the art operation theatre with remote control automatic C-arm compatible stainless steel OT Table with all accessories is available.
- The department is ably supported by physiotherapy team.
- There is a 5 bedded intensive surgical care unit with all emergency equipment like multi-parameter monitor, ventilator and defibrillator is available where acute surgical and orthopaedic cases are managed.
Our treatment and care relates to the following Ortho-related problems:
- Foot and Ankle
- Hand and Wrist
- Musculoskeletal Oncology
- Paediatric Orthopaedics
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Shoulder and Elbow
- Sports Medicine
- Physical and occupational therapy
Our medical team comprises of experienced nurses, surgeons, radiologists, orthopaedic technicians, physical and occupational therapists, An excellent team of experts in bone and mineral research, micro vascular surgery, and non-operative treatment plans.The medical team will evaluate orthopaedic problem and develop a treatment plan appropriate for the subject patient. Physical and occupational therapy benefit offers stellar rehabilitation services to patients in a very congenial atmosphere that facilitates quick and complete recovery of patients.
Welcome to the Department of Dermatology at RVS Institute of Medical Sciences. Our mission is to provide sustained leadership in scientific investigation, patient care, and in training leaders of our specialty in an environment that fosters creativity and synergy.Dermatology department dealing with the skin, nails, hair and its diseases. A dermatologist treats diseases in the widest sense and some cosmetic problems of the skin, scalp, hair and nails.
Our faculty is committed to the highest level of basic and clinical research in dermatologic science. In particular, we are focused on translational medicine; bringing scientific results from the bench to the bedside. Our faculty practices medicine at a world-class hospital; and are internationally recognized for the medical and surgical dermatologic care they provide to their patients.
Our vision is to train future leaders in dermatology, whether in scientific investigation or patient care. The competitiveness of our residency program speaks to the commitment our faculty has to our residents and medical students.
Sub – Specialties:
- Cosmetic Surgery
- Dermato Pathology
- Immuno dermatology
- Laser Medicine
- Mohs Microscopic Surgery
RVS Institute of Medical Sciences is managed by qualified and experiencedDoctors Tuberculosis (TB) is a disease caused by bacteria that are spread through the air from person to person. If not treated properly, TB disease can be fatal. People infected with TB bacteria who are not sick may still need treatment to prevent TB disease from developing in the future. Learn to recognize the symptoms of TB disease and find out if you are at risk.
TB bacteria most commonly grow in the lungs, and can cause symptoms such as:
- A bad cough that lasts 3 weeks or longer
- Pain in the chest
- Coughing up blood or sputum (mucus from deep inside the lungs)
Other symptoms of TB disease may include:
- Weakness or fatigue
- Weight loss
- No appetite
- Sweating at night
We intend to be in the forefront for introducing many firsts in the field of ENT. A team of dedicated specialists are available to serve the people.
- Fully fledged outpatient & inpatient unit
- 1 Minor Operation Theatre
- Hearing Aid
- Speech Therapy
- Clinical Laboratory
Aids Available For:
- Comprehensive Ear Nose And Throat Evaluation
- Master ENT Check Up
- Evaluation Of Hearing – Audiometry, Impedance audiometry, speech audiometry, special audiometry Hearing Aids – Trial and Fitting
Minor Operation Theatre
Diagnostic nasal endoscopy, video-laryngoscopy, Oto-endoscopy
- Snoring and Sleep Apnea Evaluation
- Speech – Speech evaluation and Speech Therapy
Clear and comfortable vision is vital for every day individual to live a comfortable life. So day-to-day tasks require seeing quickly and using visual info.
The most effective way of eliminating the possibility of a vision problem is to get a full and thorough eye examination by an optometrist.
Sight is priceless, protect it.
• Humphrey FDT visual fields testing
• Glaucoma testing
• Children’s vision
• Cataract assessment
• Contact lens fitting
wondering why is vision so important?
That’s because children’s learning is done visually and all the hard work of reading, writing, blackboard work and computers cannot be met. It stands to reason that having a clear vision is necessary for every child.
Most parents are of the opinion that it is OK so long as the child can see the blackboard.
But unfortunately, it is not so. The blackboard may still look clear and sharp to a child who is having problems with his/her eyes because it has always looked that way.
A simple distance vision check for the blackboard does not detect other problems which affect reading and focus.
As parents and caregivers…
If symptoms of visual stress are present parents, caregivers, and teachers should consider undetected visual problems, a contributing factor if a child’s learning is not keeping pace with other indicators of ability and intelligence.
Symptoms indicating vision problems:
• Rubbing, burning or itchy eyes
• Poor concentration
• Losing place when copying
• Reversing letters or omitting short words
• Squinting or frowning
• Closing one eye to look at things
• Sitting close to television
• Holding a book close to their face.
First eye examination for the child
An infant child should be taken for his/her first eye exam when it is 6 months old. The next exam should be scheduled at age 3, and then again prior to your child entering first grade. A good eye doctor can test many aspects of function at this young age and quickly effect changes with intervention.
Colour Vision Test
Objects reflect different wavelengths of light consequently producing the sensation of color and the appreciation of color is a function of the cones, three types of which are maximally sensitive to either blue, green, or red. The most common test of color vision is the Ishihara pseudo-iso-chromatic color plate exam, which is a series of test plates where a matrix of colored dots is arranged with a number visible on the page. The numbers are visible to individuals with normal color vision but are confused or invisible to those individuals who are red/green color deficient.
Inherited color vision deficiency cannot be prevented
Since many learning materials are color-coded, it is important to diagnose color vision deficiency early in life, which is why we recommend a comprehensive optometric examination before a child begins school.
Congenital (inherited) color vision deficiency cannot be treated or cured, but measures can be taken, to compensate for it. Some people develop their own system of recognizing colors by their brightness or location.
Acquired color vision deficiency requires treatment of the underlying cause. In many cases, normal color perception returns when the underlying condition has been resolved.
Visual Field Testing
Most people often incorrectly assumes that they can see their hand waving off in the periphery, and that their peripheral vision is fine. This would include glaucoma, strokes, and brain tumor.
The visual field is the area of space that can be seen at the same time.
The area in space that may be visualized by the eye is known as the visual field and plotting of the visual field is important for many disorders, particularly disorders of the optic nerve and brain.
We have the latest computerized visual field analyzer, the Humphrey Matrix that is able to detect common and subtle peripheral vision deficits, in which the device systematically plots the field of vision using threshold testing.
The following methodologies are in practice:
- Intraocular pressure is measured and the patient is under 24 hrs observation. Schiotz & Applanation tonometers are employed.
- Gonioscopy is used to detect whether it is closed or open angled.
- Perimetry is used for visual fields with Goldman’s & Automatic (Humprey’s).
- Optic Disc cupping is detected & C:D ratio is determined.
- Fundus changes are clinically observed & assessed.
Diabetes Retinopathy Evaluation:
Fundus changes observed and treated accordingly.
Department of Radio Diagnosis has got the following facilities:
- 100 MA mobile X-ray system
- 300 MA mobile X-ray system
- Digital X-Ray 600 MA System
- 600 MA X-ray and fluoroscope unit
- Ultra sound room :
State of the art latest Ultrasound Envisor CHD Echocardiography system with 4 probes is available.Wipro GE Healthcare CT-Scan- 64 slice.
- Planning for MRI-1.5 Tesla with control room.
- There is provision for mammogram unit with separate room.
- There are waiting rooms for patients, Change rooms, Store rooms for X-rays and equipment.
- Dark room for development for X-rays
- Separate rooms for Radiologists and Technicians
- Also ECG, TMT machines for catering both IN & OUT patients.
- Wash rooms for Staff, patients and their attendants
Our dental center aims to be a perfect dental care centre for the whole family. Our objective is to offer the best possible dental care so that one can maintain a radiant SMILE and keep smiling through life and beyond…
We offer a complete range of services from braces to bridges and from smile maintenance to smile makeovers.
All patients’ data concerning history and treatments are carefully recorded and kept in a computer which will help make future appointments a quick experience. We offer the following quality services at cost-effective rates with a human touch and warmth.
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Preventive Dentistry
I) Fluoride Application, Pit and Fissure Sealants
II) Patient Education with Intra Oral Camera
- Routine Dentistry
i) Filling – Aesthetic (Tooth Coloured) Visible light cure composite material.
ii) Silver Amalgam, Scaling and Air Polishing.
I) Acrylic and Cast Metal Dentures.
II) Implant Dentures and Flexible Dentures
- Crown and Bridge
I) PFM (Porcelain Fused to Metal)- Metal free Ceramics
II) Cast Metal – PFM in precious alloy- Treatment of Gum and Periodontal Diseases using HTR with the latest bone grafts and fibre splint grafts.
III) Orthodontist to correct irregular teeth. Ceramic/Polycarbonate (Tooth Coloured) brackets for Aesthetic Orthodontic Applications.
IV) Orthognathic Surgery
V) Surgical Correction for severely malaligned teeth and jaws.
VI) Root Canal Treatment using Thermacole.
- Intraoral Imaging
Spaces between teeth (Diastemas)
Irregularly Shaped Teeth
Display of Too Much Gum Tissue
Display of Too Much Root Surface
Display of Too Little Tooth Structure
Teeth Appear Too Long
- Teeth Not Straight
Teeth Not Present
A few Missing Teeth
Tooth Re-contouring Veneers
These treatments and restorations are available at our hospital at very reasonable costs.
Casualty Emergency department is the gateway for all emergency patients and it is one among the important departments in any hospital. We utilize the state of the art technology and modern life saving equipment’s for the betterment of the patients.Casualty/ Emergency department is providing round the clock service to all type of emergencies. Round the clock casualty services managed by the duty doctors andexperienced staff nurses with availability of consultants in broad specialties.
- Medical emergencies
- Surgical emergencies
- Orthopedic emergencies
- Pediatric emergencies
- Obstetric & Gynecological emergencies
Standard protocols are followed for managing emergencies such as Trauma, poisoning, Acute Coronary Syndrome, cardiac arrhythmias, stroke, sepsis, Airway management, etc.,
- Casualty room with 12 beds for initial examination, assessment and triage
- 10 bedded acute medical care unit each bed with central online oxygen, suction and air. Each bed connected with multi parameter monitors and with availability of state of the art equipment for resuscitation such as ventilators and defibrillators.
- 2 fully equipped disaster crash trolleys.
- Facilities for emergency X-rays, investigation facilities i.e. ECG, laboratory services, USG etc.
- Minor OT and fully equipped operation theatre for emergency surgeries.
- Adequate sanitary arrangements i.e. Washrooms (bathrooms) and purified drinking water facilities for staff, patients and their attendants are provided.
- Also provided with rest room for duty doctors, staff nurses and paramedical staff.
Central Hospital Store:
There is a separate central store for stocking of equipment and their spares.
Central Sterilization and Supply Department:
Our CSSD is capable of taking the total working load of operation theatre and laboratory. Has got equipment like bulk sterilizer, ethylene oxide sterilizer etc.
Hospital Infection Control has to be a priority agenda for our Hospital Administrator. The establishment of high quality standards for hygiene, disinfection, aseptic patient care, and sterilization of surgical instruments is a must for our hospital.
About Hospital Infection
Infectious diseases can be caused by the spread of pathogenic micro organism to patients during treatments and subsequent care in hospitals.
Most of these micro organisms are non soporiferous and fairly sensitive to heat. They are killed or made inactive i.e. disinfected by heating to a temperature above 85°C. However soporiferous micro organism like tetanus bacteria germinates spores, and develops in multiples under favourable conditions. These spores are resistant to heat. Such soporiferous microorganism can be killed or made inactive by Sterilization i.e. heating to a temperature above 120°C.
Central Sterile Supply Department
Gradual increase in the awareness of hygiene, disinfection and patient care with a need for higher economy and efficiency has made our hospitals to employ a Central Sterile Supply Department (CSSD).
All the soiled items from different wards, theaters and special departments are collected in the CSSD for further processing like cleaning, disinfection and sterilization. The processed goods are then transported back to the end user.
The CSSD is similar to a manufacturing plant producing sterile items. It comprises of three zones:
- Soiled Area
- Clean Area
- Sterile Area
- Higher degree of specialization that leads to better results.
- Increased efficiency due to proper utilization of equipment and manpower.
- Enhanced component life.
- The staff is able to concentrate on core competencies.
- Inventory control, packing and distribution becomes more effective.
We understand the need for hospital infection control and patient care. Our efforts in this area enable infection control. Our efforts include the procurement of the following:
- Steam Sterilizer
- Table Top Flash Sterilizer
- T.O. Sterilizer
- Bed Pan washers
- Endoscope Washer
- Washer Disinfectors
- Ultrasonic Cleaners
- Drying Cabinets
- Scrub Stations
- Heat sealing & Guaze Cutting Machines
- CSSD Furniture & Transportation accessories.
Reception of Soiled Items
Soiled items from operation theatres, wards, outpatient clinics and other departments arrive at this area by trolleys in the same baskets and containers or packs as they were delivered in.
Manual cleaning and disinfection of the trolley also takes place next to the reception area.
Cleaning and Disinfection
Proper cleaning and disinfection is ensured before sterilization in order to protect the instruments, staff and the work area. Steam, hot water and ultrasonic waves are the most common disinfecting agents that are used for removal of inaccessible soil such as adhering tissue, dried blood and scales.
Wash stations are provided with hot and cold water Faucets along with compressed air connections for setting up the spray gun riser. The fully stainless steel body ensures proper hygiene.
The Ultrasonic cleaning machines ensures perfect cleaning of all delicate instruments used in our hospital.
Sterilization is the most effective method for deactivating or killing the sporiferous microorganism.
High Vacuum Steam Sterilizer
High Vacuum Steam Sterilizer enables us sterilization of instruments, fabrics, hoses, tubings, liquid etc.
Ethylene Oxide Sterilizers
ETO Gas Sterilization System are available in two models to meet our every need.
This system ensures gentle sterilization for our most delicate instruments like surgical sharps, optics, electrical devices and plastics without being damaged by heat, moisture and pressure.
The EO Sterilizer is economical to acquire, install and maintain since water source and compressed air is not necessary. It only requires a power outlet and dedicated exhaust pipe to the outside.
Lastly, 100% Ethylene Oxide gas is used for sterilization cycle. No ozone-depleting chemicals or other compounds considered harmful to the environmental like CFCs or HCFCs are used.
Infectious Bio-Medical Waste Treatment
The need for having an effective and economical system for waster disposal is a must for every healthcare establishment. Our Bio-med waste management is through AP PCB authorized organization called GJ Multiclave (India) Pvt Ltd. The waste management is complied in accordance with “Bio-Medical Waste (Management& handling) Rules 1998.
Central Hospital Pharmacy:
Central Hospital Pharmacy is manned by qualified pharmacist in-charge and other staff with a wide spectrum of drugs including emergency, life saving and also consumables is available, duly certified by statutory authority to dispense drugs. Separate outpatient pharmacy is available round the clock
There is a Central laundry for cleaning, washing of the hospital linen, patients and staff clothes, bed sheets etc and supplying the same after ironing to the concerned departments. There is automatic washing unit along with dryer and automatic ironing unit.
The Hospital has a mechanized laundry to cater for a 300 bedded health care facility. The unit is housed in a 1200 sq ft area with the following equipment:
- Industrial Washing Machine (front loading)
- Direct Drive Hydro extractor
- Dry Cleaning Machine
- Flat Bed Press
- Electric Steam Boiler
This is a central kitchen with separate store area with proper storage facilities like refrigerator is available. Cooking is done by both gas and electricity. Stainless steel service trolley for food supply for ward patients is provided.
Out patient canteen is available for staff, patients and their attendants.
An exclusive 2000 sq ft area is enabled for Hospital canteen. The canteen is capable of providing nutritious and healthy food in an hygienic environment. The food preparation areas are well ventilated with running potable water and gas burners. The menu and the quality of the food is monitored by the in house hospital administrator.
Central Gas Plant:
The gas plant is capable of supplying Oxygen, Air, Nitrous Oxide & Vacuum. The plant has one air compressor with 1 metric cube cap air tank and a reserve of 4 air bottles. The Oxygen manifold has a battery of 16 bottles connected to a manifold. Nitrous Oxide is available for the anesthesia purposes in 4 bottles connected to a manifold. The vacuum pump with a cap of 1 metric cube capacity tank enables all suction applications.
Hospital Information System:
Central Hospital Information System is centralized and manned by qualified technicians, in-charge and other staff .
Central Fire System:
Central Fire system is centralized with all the essential equipments and manned by the fire professionals.
The Laboratory is designed to function as a fully equipped facility for facilitating both indoor and outdoor work load and is expected to work round the clock. Hospital laboratory occupies one half of Ground Floor along with blood bank which is constructed as a separate facility parallel to hospital laboratory. It has separate entrance and waiting facility as well as own circulation area. All constructions are as per MCI guidelines for hospitals.
The equipment and space provided is adequate to handle a large work load by semi automation in biochemistry and manual methods in the all other departments. The space is adequate for implementing future planning and additions as and when required.
The blood bank is planned as an independent entity and is expected to operate as a separate full fledged department. The space for blood bank is constructed as per current instructions and guidelines of the controlling authorities and includes space facilities for component laboratory.
Adequate staff is present for handling more than 500 samples per day. Only trained and qualified technical staff is employed and includes microbiologist, biochemist and experienced pathologist. Future expansion of staff is planned and will be implemented as and when the need arises.
The RVS Institute of Medical Sciences the department of Anesthesiology is deeply committed to helping the community, both locally and globally. We Provides expert anesthesia care for the full spectrum of medical and surgical indications seen at a major tertiary care. We derived from the quality and depth in the range of clinical material in our operating rooms and intensive care units, and we provide 24hrs AnesthesiologistsServices.
- Committed to excellence in patient care, education and research, meeting the health care needs.
- Educate physicians to become superior in all aspects of anesthesia practice
- Educate the next generation of anesthesiologists
- Superior patient care and safety
- To provide state-of-the-art, comprehensive care of the perioperative patient.
- Excellence and innovation in anesthesia
- To be an example of academic perioperative medicine for our region
- To discover new knowledge
- To Maintain a positive and encouraging work environment
- To provide high-quality, academic, patient-centered anesthesia care
- To provide the highest quality, patient-centered care through the practice
The RVS Institute of Medical Sciences Department of Psychiatry is a patient care, research, and education. Our department prides itself on its diverse and talented faculty, clinicians, inter-disciplinary and dedicated teachers. As a department, we provide the highest quality of patient care, in academic psychiatry and the behavioral sciences, we have a special responsibility to advance understanding of the nature of the brain and of behavior and to explore the role of personal meaning and the therapeutic relationship in human health.
- Advancing our understanding of the bio psychosocial origins of these disorders.
- Develop innovative service delivery models
- Improving the diagnosis and treatment of patients with psychiatric disorders
- Integrate mental health care with health care
- Promote a learning environment
- Promote the highest quality care for individuals with mental disorders and their families.
- Represent the profession of psychiatry
- Support mental health promotion and prevention
- Toproviding leadership in psychiatric education and training, research, faculty development and clinical services.
- Advancing mental health solutions
- Development of mental health policy
- Education, training, and workforce development
- Mental health research and program evaluation that inform and improve all of the other components.
- To expanded funding for clinical care, research, and philanthropy.
- To lift the stigma of mental illness and offering hope to those who suffer from it.