MEDICAL EDUCATION UNIT
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Medical Education Unit for RVS institute of medical sciences was formed in 2016 with the Principal of Medical College as its Chairman and senior faculty member interested in Medical Education its coordinators. The main activity early on was to conduct Basic Teacher’s Training Workshops focusing on developing objectives, group dynamics, taxonomy, teaching learning methodology, assessment and micro teaching on a 3 day program annually.
The Medical Education unit had involved in various Academic activities like Clinical Society Meeting, Journal Clubs on monthly basis regularly. The Medical Education unit is one of the very active and vibrant Department of RVS Institute of Medical Sciences.
Aims of Medical Education Unit
- Faculty Development
- Curriculum Development
- Research in Medical
- Development of Research
- Continuing Medical Education
|1||Dr LC OBULESU||DEAN||CHAIRMAN|
|2||Dr R VISWA KUMAR||PROF&HOD BIOCHEMISTRY||COORDINATOR|
|3||DR A PRIYA||MEDICAL SUPERINTENDENT||MEMBER|
|4||Dr R SUNDARACHARI||PROF&HOD
|5||Dr S JALESWARA RAO||PROF&HOD
|6||Dr A KISHORE||PROF&HOD
|7||Dr CHUHITHA||ASSOC. PROF
|8||Dr USHA VIDYA RANI||ASSOC. PROF
|9||Dr GOVINDARAJULU||ASST. PROF
|10||Dr MARY SOUMYA||SENIOR RESIDENT
CME/Workshops / Seminars / Symposiums
Medical Education Unit meeting has been conducted on 12.09.2016 between 2 to 4 pm for the entire Medical Faculty.
Topic: HOSPITAL INFECTION CONTROL
Respected Dean Sir Dr. L.C. Obulesu headed the meeting and has given an Introduction to the topic and guided to maintain a Hospital Infection Control Committee (HICC) and to implement annual infection control programmes and policies.
Later handed over to Dr. Animireddy Kishore Professor and Head Department of Microbiology to talk about the topic.
Important points in a glance:
- To form a Structure of Committee with a Chairperson, Secretary, Members, Infection Control Nurse and Infection Control Officer.
- Survivellance of Healthcare Associated Infections
- Hospital Outbreak Management.
- Infections Control Processes – Standard Precautions, Hand Hygiene and Personal Protection Equipment
- Prevention and Control of Healthcare Associated Infections – Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections, Surgical Site Infections, Catheter related Blood Stream Infections, Ventilator associated Pneumonia
- Cleaning Disinfection and Sterilization
- Isolation Precautions
- Antimicrobial Policy and Antimicrobial Susceptibility
- Biomedical Waste Management and
- Occupational Health and Safety.
With discussion of these topic the meeting concluded
1.STRESS MANAGEMENT : 26-10-2016
SPEAKER : Dr P Sai kiran M.D
MODERATOR : Dr R Viswa kumar M.D
2.TEACHING& LEARNING METHODS : 03-11-2016
SPEAKER : Dr R Viswa kumar M.D
MODERATOR : Dr Sundarachari M.D
3.UNIVERSAL SAFETY PRECAUTIONS : 12-11-2016
SPEAKER : Dr A Kishore M.D
MODERATOR : Dr Vijay kumar M.D
4.CONSENT &MEDICAL PRACTICE : 19-11-2016
SPEAKER : Dr LC Obulesu M.D
MODERATOR : Dr I Subramaniyan M.D